Information Collected from All Visitors to Our Website
Personal Data collected by Travelogy
Travelogy will collect Personal Data depends on the various Travelogy services you use and subscribe to. Following are some key examples
- Your name, telephone number(s), mailing address, email address and any other information relating to you which you have provided us in any forms you may have submitted to us, or in other forms of interaction with you;
- Information about your use of Travelogy’s website including cookies, IP address, subscription account details
- Information about your usage of and interaction with our website and/or services including computer and connection information, device capability, bandwidth, statistics on page views, and traffic to and from our website.
How We Obtain Information About You
We may collect personal data that you choose to provide to us through the Site such as when you:
- Register on the Site, to create a User Account;
- Fill out a form on the Site;
- Sign-up to receive direct marketing communications on the Site;
- Make purchases on the Site;
- Sign-up to a feature that we offer on the Site and you provide your personal data in connection with that feature;
- Attend an event that we or one of our business partners has organised;
- Communicate with us (for example, on a social media platform or by sending us an email);
- Vote in Travelogy Excellence Awards, enter a competition, respond to a survey.
How the Information is used
The personal data which we collect from you may be used and/or disclosed for the following purposes:
- The information is used to enhance the vistor’s experience when using the website to display personalised content and possibly advertising.
- E-mail addresses and other information collected by Travelogy will not be sold, rented or leased to 3rd parties.
- E-mails may be sent to inform you of news of our services or offers by us or our affiliates.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. The information is used to track visitor use of the Site and to compile statistical reports on Site activity. Travelogy uses “cookies”, where a small data file is sent to your browser to store and track Aggregate Information about you when you enter our websites. The cookie is used to track information such as the number of users and their frequency of use, profiles of users and their preferred sites.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser.
Keeping your Personal Data secure
We will take appropriate measures to keep your personal data accurate, complete and updated.
We will also take reasonable efforts to take appropriate precautions and preventive measures to ensure that your personal data is adequately protected and secured. Appropriate security arrangements will be taken to prevent any unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification, leakage, loss, damage and/or alteration of your personal data.
Request for Access, Correction and/or Withdrawal of Personal Data
Subject to the exceptions referred to in section 21(2) of the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 (No. 26 of 2012) of Singapore (“PDPA”), you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you. If you would like a copy of some or all of your personal information, you may contact us any time.
We want to ensure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. If any of the information that you have provided to Travelogy changes, for example if you change your email address or name, please contact us and let us know the correct details. You may ask us, or we may ask you, to correct information, you or we think is inaccurate, and you may also ask us to remove information which is inaccurate.
Should you wish to withdraw consent to use of your Personal Data or your Personal Data records, please contact us.We will process your request within a reasonable time from such a request being made, upon informing you of the consequences of your request for withdrawal of consent.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to third parties your personally identifiable information without first obtaining your consent permitting us to do so. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, as long as these parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours and others’ rights, property, or safety.
Links to Other Websites
Sale of Business
If Travelogy is sold or integrated with another business, your details may be disclosed to our advisers and any prospective purchasers and their advisers and will be passed on to the new owners of the business. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by third parties that are linked to our website. We encourage you to learn about the privacy policies of such third party websites
How to Contact Us
Data Protection Officer
2 Venture Dr, #14-09 Vision Exchange
LAST UPDATED: 28th January 2021